Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reiki and a new teacher

A couple of weeks ago while reading tarot at Alison's a woman came in and asked me to read her cards. I did and she was very pleased with how it went, and we chatted for a while during and after the reading about life, spirituality and all sorts of things. Turns out she's a Reiki master (among other things) and was going to do a lvl 1 workshop very shortly. I've wanted to get mine for a while now so I jumped at the oppertunity to do so with her and did just this past Sunday and yesterday. The way she taught was slightly sporadic and disorganized but we learned all the basic positions and information about Reiki's history by the end of the day. The actual attunement was yesterday. Both times I was able to feel when energy was in use around me, and in me, and it was a good feeling, one I rarely get during rituals where we try to raise any. This is a good time of the month for me, energy wise, so I'm not surprised Joy remarked that I'm very 'sensitive' and seems like I'm a natural.

Joy isn't like anyone I've ever met; she's deeply spiritual, almost too much so, but she's strong. She reminds me of the Dalai Lama; living her faith but working with it to make the world a better place. Some of her ideas about things are too peace & love, even for me, but I'm willing to put aside my cynicism and just listen. We had a long talk before and after my attunement yesterday and we share similar feelings and thoughts about the Divine and spirituality. I told her that I recognize she's the newest teacher in my life and that I welcome what she has to share. Oddly enough, despite how close Amanda and I are, our views on deity and the divine in the world are vastly different, and in her husband's case, hostile to my own. It will be nice to have someone to talk too who's ideas are more close to my own, that I wont feel like I have to defend what I say against science. There are things in this world that science hasn't yet developed enough to touch, let alone detect.

So I have my reiki lvl 1 now and Ryan's itching for me to use him as a guina pig. ^^ I shall as soon as I have the time and/or energy! I've been fairly tired lately but a couple of nights of not enough sleep combined with a very busy (but awesome) birthday weekend has wiped me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment