Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reiki thoughts

1) Do I ever need to find a way to do this comfortably. Right now I'm practising on the hubby, who either lays on the floor or the couch. The floor forces me to squish myself in half so I can use him to support my weight; this causes me to feel like I'm trying to force energy through a bent straw. It doesn't work too well, though I do feel it doing *something*. It also kills my lower back to stretch over him to reach (he's got broad shoulders) or up to his knees (he's tall).

2) Music; I have a cd of ocean waves goodness but to me, it's boring. It's not empowering, invigorating or anything. It's just waves on a beach. Peaceful is good but I put together an hour of Reiki music on my itunes tonight that worked better; Alanis Morisette's "Utopia" and Emerald Rose's "World's Wedding" were both VERY good tunes. They speak to my inner pacifist and my Pagan self, respectively.

If this were my lj I'd do a cut and put up some lyrics. Let's try embedding a video. Oops, it's got to be one of my own to upload.



Let's hope that works out. Emerald Rose's "World's Wedding" isnt' up on Youtube, unfortunately.

3) My brain, while performing/chanelling Reiki, is continually thinking of how to do things 'professionally', what a room I'd want to practise in would look like, what I'd like to have there for decorations, lighting, scents, blankets, even something for me to sit on! A blend of Pagan and Anishnabe for sure.

4) I definitely am not doing things like I was taught. When I begin I have my own 'opening' of breathing excersizes, my own visualization to stay focused on what I'm doing and when I'm 'told' to move my hands I move them; not always to the next position, but to try and open/move/smooth/change whatever it is I'm feeling and make it beter. When listening to my intuition I'm a better healer; the hubby's shoulders and feet no longer hurt and tonight I spent a LOT of time on his heart chakra. It needed to be opened, healed, but mostly just OPENED. I felt like I was trying to crack open his ribs with my bare hands, smoothing and opening over and over until I could feel a change. Waited a minute more, then moved on.

A few years ago I wouldn't have been confident enough to do Reiki, to trust myself to listen and do what needs doing. I was going through an atheistic phase as well, convinced that there just *couldn't* be a god, nothing we could touch, anyway. Nothing we could understand, nothing that would listen. That's changed and I think it's for the better. I believe in a Being, a Something that put things in motion. It shows Itself to people in whatever way they can best understand and accept It, whether as Allah, God, the Creator, Isis or Kwan Yin. It's all the same power behind the mask.

"I believe God hears all prayers...even if the answer is sometimes 'No'."~President of the USA a movie that currently escapes my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment