Monday, May 11, 2009

Collecting posts

My old journal has spirituality related posts flung far and near so I'll be collecting those over the next little while and putting them here. I like having things all in once place. EDIT: Looking back at a few entries it's become apparent that I'll have to share a deeply personal and painful part of my life here in order for some of those posts to make sense. Ah well.

In a slightly related bit of news, yesterday we were celebrating mother's day down at my inlaw's camp and were visited by four eagles. It was a beautiful sight having the four massive birds swooping and circling overhead. I snagged a couple of pictures, one of which I'll post up here. One for sure was a male, the others might have been females. I wish I'd gotten a picture of him. After they'd gone the hubby, dad in law and I went over to a nearby field the birds had circled a few times. No feathers to be found but next time we go to camp I'm bringing a kite to fly there!

Nothing recharges my inner batteries like going to camp; being near the water, laying on the warm earth, listening to the wind in the branches and the new-born leaves is always a reawakening. Being there makes me feel more alive, more aware and more at peace than anywhere else.


No comments:

Post a Comment