Sunday, May 3, 2009

Obligatory "first post" post

Well, I suppose I should introduce myself first and foremost: My given name is Jennifer and I live in a smallish town in Northern Ontario, Canada. I've been a practising Pagan for nearly a decade and have had the benefit of several different types of learning; a circle, one-on-one with a mentor, and solitary. Currently I'm a founding member of a local Pagan group that's been doing open rituals for the past four years as well as Pagan Pride events (www.paganpride.org), brunch and workshops. It's been good times but we're ready to start doing something *more*, something more reflective of where we live and who we are.

A bit more about that: A branch and few twigs of my family tree is also Anishnabe, making me Ojibway Anishnabe-ikwe and a member of the Waawizeshi clan. For those who don't speak Anishabemowin, that's First Nations Ojibway and a member of the Marten clan (Ogitchida! Woo!). My spirit name is also the title of this blog, MigiziNse-ikwe, aka Little Eagle Woman. Only very recently have I become aware of all this and I struggle daily to integrate it into my life. Living where I do, and being Pagan, it only makes sense to also integrate all of this into my spritual life as well.

So the journey begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment