Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ebisu

Perhaps it's only a hold-over from my previous Pagan leanings with the male/female dichotomy, but was I ever excited this morning to find the male half of my female Artemisian Warrior archetype. His name is Ebisu and he's a fat, deaf and generally jolly Japanese figure who is one of the 7 Lucky Gods and the protector of children's health (among other things). October 20th is his holy day, as the other gods are all away at a gathering but being deaf, he doesn't hear the summons and is therefore available for worship. I think it's nifty, very nifty, that my warrior is female, my nurturer is male. At least my dichotomy isn't filled with traditional gender stereotypes. More later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebisu_%28mythology%29

No comments:

Post a Comment