Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pagan Blog Project Week 1! Redecorating

 It's been a while since writing, as usual, and a lot's been happening spiritually for me. The Circle is doing well, and my experiences with the same are interesting to say the least. I'm become more adept and more comfortable with drawing down the Goddess, and with the ritual structure itself. At first I thought it was stuffy and overly formal, but now I get it. Each piece is important, and all together it makes for a whole ritual that flows beautifully from one part to the next. I still have no idea how to reconcile the part of me that wants to be a Hellenic Reconstructionist but is also a very very soft polytheist, as well as someone who honours and follows what I learned in the Ojibwe Mide lodge. This is what it really means to be an eclectic Pagan, honestly; not grabbing whatever I want from various traditions and smashing them together into various rituals, but to find a way to honour each piece and create a harmonious whole.  I once described finding Paganism as coming home, and then being welcomed in the lodge as finding my own special room in that home. Now comes the organization and decoration of that room, putting each thing just so. I'm looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment