Friday, August 16, 2013

New Job, New Mindset

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

I'm starting a new job today; I don't know for how long or what hours or anything but we're desperate for money so I'm taking it even though it's not in my field and I've never done it before. A friend put a good word in for me at her cleaning job so off I go in a bit. I've had very mixed feelings about this but I don't have time to go into it right now. All I have time for is a quick prayer.

Hephaestus! Mighty God of the Hammer and Forge! You who creates all that is bright and beautiful, hear my prayer! May my hands be as diligent as yours, my arms as untiring, my back unbent and my spirit proud. All jobs need doing. Help me to accept this challenge and overcome it with strength and dignity in honour of my family.
Blessed be, Hammering One.


No comments:

Post a Comment