Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Powerful Dreams







The last month I've had some pretty powerful dreams; First, before going back to visit the family I dreamed about my maternal grandmother. We (the female members of her family) were waiting for her so we could all go out to dinner. We were dressed in our best, but when the stretch white limo pulled up I knew I wasn't fancy enough. Grandma stepped out wearing a fabulous 1940's movie star gown, lots of ruffles and style, with an enormous wide-brimmed hat. Both were white, as were the long gloves on her arms and roses she carried. She strolled over to us beaming a mega-watt smile, kissed us all on the cheek and gave hugs, then we went to catch the ferry to go to dinner. Some of us, however, didn't make it on the boat. I know for sure me, mom and Gramma were there, but my sister and aunts weren't. We decided to have dinner anyway.


During our visit she died. She was 94 and been fighting cancer for 3 years.


Last night I had another dream, equally vivid and ripe with meaning. I was uphill walking towards my parents house and could see the birch tree on the front lawn in full fall gold, but instead of one giant tree it was two trees with a wide space between them and branches arching together overhead. On the left it appeared that 5 trees had grown together to create one massive birch, and in the trunks I could see the shape of a griffon sitting. This griffon was different though, as it had ram's horns on it's head. I explained to the man I was with that his name was Typherion. On the right the other set of birches had grown together and created the image of a pegasus named Sahl (Sa-HALL), and together they were guarding the gate. The man asked me where the gate went and I said "Camelot, of course." We didn't go through but went instead into my parent's house. The man strongly reminded me of Brand, the Rivan Warder from the Belgariad and Mallorean series by David Eddings.


While pregnant with Gabe I was given to know that the griffon is one of his spirit guides. Perhaps the pegasus is Raisin's. I suspect Camelot, like Avalon, is a place between worlds, and represents the womb where Raisin is now, preparing to join us late this summer. The two mythical beasts are guarding the gate for hir arrival.


























































No comments:

Post a Comment